Film consisting of a 60-µm, transparent, cast PVC containing antimicrobial agents and coated with a pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive. Intended for antimicrobial protection of surfaces in areas that require a high level of hygiene (hospitals, agribusinesses and food industries, wet rooms, public places, etc.).
Active strains (according to ISO 22196):
Reducing > 99.99 % of bacteria ascertained for:
• Escherichia coli,
• Salmonella (Salmonelle enterica),
• Listeria (Listeria monocytogenes),
• Golden staph (Staphylococcus aureus),
• Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA),
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
• Thickness (µm): 60
Average values Standard
• Tensile strength (N/25 mm): min. 15 HEXNFX41031
• Elongation at break (%): min. 100 HEXNFX41031
• Shrinkage 168 hours at 70 °C (158 °F) (mm): < 0.8 HEXRET001
• Silicone-coated PE paper with HEXIS print.
• Stable under hygrometric variations.
(Measured average values at publication of the technical data sheet)
Average value Standard
• Peel strength test 180° on glass (N/25 mm): HEXFTM001
after 20 minutes of application 18
after 24 hours of application 19
• Initial tack (N/25 mm): 25 HEXFTM009
• Release (N/25 mm): 0.7 HEXFTM003
• Resistance to solvents: the adhesive is resistant to most chemicals (alcohol, diluted acids, oils).
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET – ANTIMICROBIAL FILM – PURE ZONE® RANGE / PERMANENT ADHESIVE
• Solvent-based acrylic adhesive.
• Immediate and permanent adhesion.
• Under normal usage conditions, harmless when in contact with human skin (skin compatibility study carried out under dermatological control).
– No allergenic potential.
– No irritant potential.
• Active compound: silver ions, < 0.3 % w/w of the entire product.
• Antimicrobial activity maintained after 365 cleanings with water, alcohol, chlorine bleach and
Aniosurf® (respect the dilution recommended by the manufacturer).
• The film can be cleaned/disinfected by all conventional cleaning methods, using non-abrasive accessories, cleaning products, detergents or products currently used in healthcare environments.
The disinfection levels achieved are compatible with common usage in the most sensitive areas in terms of infectious risks (surgery wards, immunocompromised wards, neonatology, etc.).
• Only apply the film to areas that will not be in direct contact with unpackaged food.
• Suitable for application to regular or irregular surfaces.
• Recommended minimum application temperature: +10 °C (+50 °F).
• Operating temperature range: from -40 °C to +90 °C (-40 °F to +194 °F).
• It can be used for the cold laminating of cast HEXIS digital printing films printed with solvent, eco-solvent, latex or UV inkjet technology.
• In the case of an already painted substrate, self-adhesive media must only be applied to undamaged original paintwork. If the paintwork is not original and/or damaged, the application and the removal are at the judgement and risk of the installer.
• Before applying this laminate to a HEXIS digital printing film, which has been printed with solvent inks, it is recommended to respect the following optimal drying time for the inks:
– 48 hours if the printed film is cast,
– 24 hours if the printed film is calendered.
• Shelf life (before application):
The shelf life of this film is 1 year when stored upright in its original packaging in a dust-free environment at a temperature ranging from +15 °C to +25 °C (+59 °F to +77 °F) with relative humidity of 50 %.
• Vertical indoor exposure: up to 5 years (in areas not subject to frequent handling or high visitor frequency). A film applied in areas of frequent handling (e.g.: handles) or high visitor frequency will be subject to repeated abrasion which will reduce its durability (change of appearance, lifting, etc.). The film durability depends on the intensity and frequency of the mechanical stress to which it is exposed